Building the open source web3 metaverse stack
Momentum enables digital societies to create, build and scale together in an open source decentralized metaverse network. With Kusamaverse, Momentum offers the place for the Dotsama community to gather, engage in on-chain and off-chain activities - staking, parachain auctions, governance, and gatherings, as a shared experience in the metaverse.
Igniting The Kusamaverse
The Kusamaverse is a real-time and persistent 3D home for the Dotsama ecosystem, where utilities, communities and activities come alive, come together and thrive. Enabling a new way for users to navigate, connect and contribute to and benefit.
Our goal is to turn the Kusama User Experience into an inspiring, social and rewarding world where we are connected, where we are co-creating and where we are able to unlock our potential and the superpowers of the Dotsama ecosystem.
Milestone 2 proposal has been approved by Kusama Council.
Building the Kusamaverse - Milestone 2
Our proposal (Motion 499) to build Kusamaverse milestone 2 has been approved by Kusama Council.
- Governance - Polkassembly visualised and interactive + grant programs
- Parachains - Auctions, crowd loans + parachain subspaces
- Wallet integration - Talisman, Fearless, Nova and SubWallet.
- Staking - User interface upgrade
- Hackathon arena - real online collaborative hack experience + on-chain bounties
- User activity timeline - tailor made ‘activity-update-timeline’ for users
- NFTs - display your NFTs in profile and spaces in Kusamaverse
- Guided tour - comfortable on-boarding for new people + ‘fly with me’.
- Mobile version for gatherings
How to get involved
In the coming months we will work closely with the Kusama community.
We are looking for:
- Tech experts with deep knowledge of Kusama’s inner workings
- Artists that want to provide input on what the Kusamaverse could look, feel and sound like.
- People/ teams that run parachains (both pre and post auction)
- People that run validator nodes
- Digital artists involved into collaborative art projects
- Kusama ambassadors and event organizers
- People with crazy ideas. Honestly you can’t go crazy enough.
Momentum.xyz Opening - Dotsamanauts assemble!
Odyssey continues developing Momentum and improving its functionality with regard to open source web3 metaverse principles.
✅ Phase 0
Momentum prototype used at the Odyssey Hackathon November 2020.
Stats: 2500 participants, 21 challenges from web3 initiatives, corporates, governments, NGOs, 100 teams, €200k prize money.
Peak performance: 1600 participants from 60 countries logged in simultaneously (same shard).
✅ Phase I
First 1000 users in closed alpha release. Testing multiple use-cases: innovation, collaborative events, community organizing, hackathons, education.
Deploy multi-world version, enabling users to host their own 3D world with Momentum as it's management system.
Open alpha release to the public. Users can start their own initiative/ experiment in our Alpha World.
✅ Phase II
Token gated access
Proof of attendance token integration
Social UI v1
Kusama Treasury grant received
✅ Phase III
Momentum Beta Release
Kusamaverse ignited - Milestone 1
Kusama Relay chain integration
Kusama validator node integration
Validator Entity community spaces
Community gathering spaces
High volume gatherings
Open source The Momentum Stack
🚀 Phase IV
Release Momentum 3D World builder + SDK
Kusamaverse ignited - Milestone 2
Kusama Parachain integration
Parachain community spaces
Momentum Node Management System
Deploy Momentum parachain
Social Networking activated
Release Momentum Explorer
Release VR client
Release desktop client
Launch Momentum DAO
*This roadmap is subject to change due to (future) insights